For urgent medical supplies please call 1800 549 745.
For urgent medical supplies please call 1800 549 745.
购物车 0

Are You Covered? Your Guide To Financial Assistance For Incontinence

Financial Assistance Independent Living Urinary Incontinence


How do you pay for continence aids required daily? The good news is there are many payment assistance programs that can help to subsidise costs of daily continence needs.

You may be familiar with some of these programs particularly the schemes available nationwide like NDIS, CAPS and through DVA, however some states and territories offer independent program(s) depending on eligibility or circumstances.

We had undertaken a review of how you might qualify for financial assistance for payment of catheters, drainage accessories and continence needs. We noted from our research, that over the past couple of years the NDIS has replaced some state and territory programs. We have listed the current programs around Australia below.

National Programs 

Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS)

The CAPS is an Australian Government program providing a payment rate of up to $609.70 to those eligible who have permanent and severe incontinence.  This funding is for the purpose to meet some of the costs of continence products required. 

You will need to complete a CAPS application form which includes a Health Report. A healthcare professional must complete the Health Report and the completed application must be returned to Medicare Australia. If the application is successful a payment from Medicare Australia will be made to your nominated bank account.  

If you would like more information on eligibility call the CAPS Team on 1800 239 309.

Department of Veterans Affaiirs (DVA) - Rehabilitation Appliance Program (RAP) 

This program is for DVA clients. The Rehabilitation Appliances Program Factsheet provides all the details you need to know regarding who is eligible, types of aids and appliances available and how to access them.

Your healthcare professional, specialist, GP or continence adviser can provide you with an assessment and prescription for continence products.

Our team are very experienced with DVA programs and can assist Gold or White Card holders in acquiring continence products through the Rehabilitation Appliance Program. (The Profile Shop contact information can be found below)

National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)  

National Disability Insurance Scheme is federal scheme for those under 65 who have permanent and significant disability with funding for supports and services. 

The National Disability Insurance Scheme is now available across Australia, with the exception to some regions of Western Australia. It is estimated that 460,000 Australians will be covered by this scheme when completely implemented by the end of 2019.

The Profile Shop is an NDIS Provider,  please contact us if you are a member and require any assistance on 1800 549 745 or

State and Territory Programs

Australian Capital Territory

ACT Equipment Scheme (ACTES) 

ACT residents suffering from a permanent, long-term incontinence may be entitled to help with the cost of equipment that allows them to live at home. Your continence advisor would be able to discuss your eligibility. 

New South Wales


EnableNSW provides assistance for consumers requiring aids for continence problems. Eligible only if designated as moderate to severe incontinence or have bladder or bowel dysfunction. If equipment needs are greater than what would be covered by the Continence Aids Payment Scheme funding, then enable could cover the shortfall. 

Standard provisions per annum by EnableNSW include either:

  • 600 Intermittent Catheters
  • 9 Indwelling/suprapubic catheters
  • 36 Disposable leg bags
  • 36 Disposable overnight bags
  • 6 Catheter valves
  • 4 Catheter/thigh straps

Download the EnableNSW Continence Equipment Request Form 

Northern Territory 

From July 1, 2019 the NDIS replaces existing programs in the Northern Territory including the Disability Equipment Program.


Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (MASS)

The Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme can provide funding to support eligible children and adults who require continence aids. To be eligible, you can’t be receiving any other government funding under WorkCover or the DVA Rehabilitation Appliances Program or be entitled to workers’ compensation payments, however you can receive funding under CAPS. Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme will cover indwelling and disposable catheters, catheter valves and urine drainage bags if prescribed by healthcare professional, specialist, GP or continence adviser. You can download the Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme Application Form here.

South Australia 

DHS Equipment Program 

The DHS Equipment program will provide assistance where continence equipment needs are used frequently i.e. at least 3 – 4 times/week. Assessment and selection is undertaken by qualified health professionals and registered nurses. 

See Key Approval Criteria For Equipment for a comprehensive guide to eligibility. 



TasEquip, previously known as the Community Equipment Program, is available for those currently awaiting approval for NDIS, or ineligible but have moderate to severe incontinence. Access to TasEquip resources is only through prescription by an authorised healthcare professional. 


State Wide Equipment Program (SWEP) 

From July 1, 2019 State Wide Equipment Program changed access to continence products making it easier to acquire catheters, drainage accessories and other continence needs.  Your healthcare professional, specialist, GP or continence adviser can provide you with a prescription or referral for continence products you require and then send to 

Western Australia

Community Aids and Equipment Program (CAEP)

Taken from the Community Aids and Equipment Program Information Kit: The Community Aids and Equipment Program (CAEP) is funded by the State Government and administered by the Department of Communities, Disability Services. The main purpose of CAEP is to provide basic and essential equipment for people with a long-term disability who meet the CAEP eligibility criteria

You will need to be referred by a healthcare professional using the CAEP Referral Form

Download CAEP Information Kit for more detailed information on how the Community Aids and Equipment Program works.

icare, Workcover, Worksafe and Return To Work 

Each Australian state has its own government guided workplace insurance program. In general, these are insurance programs governed by these state governments to provide cover for those who have suffered a workplace injury.  The degree of cover and eligibility criteria varies state to state, for more information the links below may assist: 

New South Wales icare

New South Wales WorkCover 

Queensland WorkCover

South Australia Return To Work

Tasmania WorkCover

Victoria Worksafe

Western Australia WorkCover

Private Health Insurance

Private health insurance may also assist.  Due the variation and personalisation of policies we recommend you talk to your insurer and check your eligibility for funding of continence products. 

National Continence Helpline - Continence Foundation

Should you require any further information about funding schemes to assist you to offset some of the costs associated with continence products call National Continence Helpline on 1800 330 066, 8.00am to 8.00pm (AEST), Monday to Friday. The National Continence Helpline is a government funded advisory service run by continence nurses. 


The Profile Shop proudly offers a comprehensive range of catheters, catheter valves, urine drainage accessories and other continence needs. Many of the products we supply are unique, therefore if you require any assistance accessing these products through any scheme mentioned-above please contact our team by phone on 1800 549 745 or by email customer care team are here to help you. 

The program information, contact details and links as described above are current as at October 13, 2019. 

较旧的文章 较新的文章