The newest Female Condom, FC2, is a soft, transparent, non-latex sheath made of nitrile polymer. It is 17 centimetres long (about the same length as a male condom) with a flexible ring at each end. It is inserted into the vagina prior to sexual intercourse and may help reduce the possibility of pregnancy and may help reduce the risk of sexually transmitted sexually transmitted infections (STIs). The inner ring aids insertion and secures the device in place during intercourse, while the softer outer ring remains outside the vagina.
Benefits of the Femidom FC2:
- Provides both men & women with an additional choice to help reduce the possibility of unintended pregnancies and may help reduce the risk of transmission of sexually transmitted infections.
- Forms a barrier between the penis and the vagina, cervix and external genitalia
- Is strong, odourless and causes no allergic reactions.
- May be used with both water or oil based lubricants
- Can be inserted up to 8 hours prior to intercourse so will not interrupt sexual spontaneity, is not dependent upon male erection and does not require immediate removal after ejaculation
- Is not tight or constricting, feels sensual and natural
- Is the sole, female initiated protective method currently available
Pack of 3